How many kids do you have?

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mother of the Year!

So, anyone else experiencing "mommy brain"?  It is the wonderful phenomenon where once you have kids your brain goes to the crapper.  Actually, I think it starts going to the crapper when you are pregnant.  I forget EVERYTHING.  I'm pretty sure that my mind is so focused on not forgetting the kids and getting everything they need that I cannot remember anything else.  That is my theory anyway.  Anybody else have a theory?  I'd love to hear it!  Does it ever go away?  I was forgetful to begin with, now I'm a mess!

And on the topic of my forgetful, "mommy brain" I did something today that is going to qualify me for mother of the year (sorry all those other mothers that are reading, you are now out of the running).  Here is a picture of my sons in their stroller that I purchased when we found out we were having number 2:
To fold up this stroller the little seat in the back tucks in and the whole stroller folds in half.  Now imagine you put your littlest (the one in the back) in the stroller first WITHOUT locking the stroller after unfolding it, then returning to the car to get your oldest.  Yes, you guessed correctly.  The stroller folded in half with the littlest inside.  There was crying, but no injuries, only a scared little 8 month old.  HOW DID I FORGET TO LOCK THE STROLLER?  I blame the Mommy brain.  I was too focused on getting my oldest out and moving along before we got hit in the parking lot or blown away (isn't this wind crazy?).

So there you  have it.  I win, for today.  Everyone else can retract their applications.  I am Mother of the Year.  Don't worry, I'm sure there will be a lot more reasons for my big win.

Let me know your "mother of the year" stories.  I hope you enjoyed mine!

P.S.  Here is the littlest in one of the designs of the cloth diapers.  Cute huh?

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! That is pretty funny...it will be funnier when I tell Jack about it when he's older! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to all of us! Back when we just had 1 kiddo, I was driving home and passing back a drink to my 2 year old who sat in the middle of the backseat. When he was done with his drink he crawled into the front the seat to hand me the empty cup. CRAWLED INTO THE FRONT SEAT. That's right, this mom forgot to buckle up the car seat. Then there was the time the same kiddo opened our front storm door naked {we were potty training and he had never opened the door before} and ran out into the very busy street in front of our house. Like cars were pulled over and everything. I was wiping the counters in the kitchen and the stinker decided to make a run for it. Naked. I swear I am not a negligent mom.

    ReplyDelete