How many kids do you have?

Friday, May 7, 2010

Cloth Diapering - Update

So I've included a link to a helpful website for anyone who is considering or is cloth diapering.  It is a marketplace and a great place to ask questions and get a lot of responses!

I put my oldest in cloth diapers this morning.  So far, surprisingly, he doesn't seem to care.  He did a funny "load" walk when I first put it on but now, he is playing in the mud like nothing is different.  Although, after the load he had this morning, I'm not sure I want to cloth diaper with him!  He is a pretty regular pooper though, so I guess I could always cheat and just put him in the cloth after he has pooped!

My last load of laundry (with a lot more diapers) didn't come out as well.  They smelled a little like pee.  Which to me is gross.  So I've gotten some good Mommy feedback and product feed back and I think I am much better prepared for my next washing.  I guess going from washing 7 diapers to 20 needs a little different technique.   The customer service from the diapers I bought and the laundry soap has been great.  So I have a new strategy for washing the diapers next time.  We will see how that goes.  I guess it is a learning process.  I used the dry bags for the week and I don't know if that contributed to the smell....But I really like the dry bags, they actually hold in the smell.  I'm impressed by that.  10 stinky diapers in a bag in my kitchen and they held the smell better than my diaper genie. 

So here are the products I am recommending so far:
1. Swaddlebees and Blueberry cloth diapers (I have the pocket diapers) but I also haven't tried any others so I have nothing to compare them to, but I like them.  Also, great customer service if you are having problems with them.

2.  Planet wise wet bags - GREAT!  Even if you are not cloth diapering, these bags are perfect for the summer beach/pool trips.  WILL NOT LEAK MOISTURE!  Perfect wet bag.  You can also use smaller ones for disposable diapers to keep the smell out of your car when traveling and you don't have access to a trash.  This bags are very high up on my list of great products.  Oh, and you can just throw them in the wash with the rest of your things and they clean up great.

3.  Charlie's Soap (laundry detergent) - great "green" product but it also really cleans well.  I use it for all our laundry now.  While it doesn't leave a sent - really nothing but the smell of your clothes, I really like it.  Perfect for baby clothes and strong enough to get the stains out.  Also, they make an All purpose cleaner that I used to get the yellow paint off of my car after backing up into a yellow pole in the parking lot.  SOOOOO, it is a multifunctional product!  Also, Charlies is a GREAT company.  They will help you with how to use their products and give you advice on how to get other stains out.  So far, the advice has been great!  I've gotten two grease stains out.

GOOD LUCK!

If you know of any other great cleaning products or diapering products please leave the name and why you like it in the comment section!  Thanks ;)

1 comment: